Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program
The San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District's Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program offers a rebate of $80 to residents* who purchase a water-wise irrigation timer.
50% of water is used outdoors to irrigate landscape; therefore “Smart” controllers can save an average of 47 gallons per day. The weather-based irrigation controller will input the total amount of time to operate each irrigation station without you or your landscape contractor having to do the work. When the weather gets warm, the Smart controller irrigates more. When the weather cools down, it irrigates less. The Smart controller utilizes prevailing weather conditions, soil moisture levels, sunlight, temperature and humidity to calculate how much water should be applied to your landscape. . . . So the guess work is taken out of programming your controller!
Soil Moisture Sensor Systems
In February 2018, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District introduced the Soil Moisture Sensor Systems rebate program. Residents who pay their water bill to the City of Alhambra, City of Monterey Park and City of Sierra Madre are eligible to participate and receive a rebate of up to $80.
- Can increase outdoor water use efficiency by monitoring and using information about site and soil moisture conditions
- Properties using recycled water or well water do not qualify.
- One (1) rebate per residential customers only.
- Site must have at least 500 SF of existing irrigated landscape area and have an existing in-ground irrigation system.
- New construction does not qualify.
- Must include a sensor and a calibrator (typically sold together in the same device) and an irrigation controller.
- Total rebate amount shall not exceed the cost of the device (excludes sales tax and labor costs).
Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles
- Upgrading your nozzles can reduce your total water usage by 15-20%
- Residential, Multi-family and Commercial customers are eligible for a rebate up to $2 per rotating sprinkler nozzle.
- Minimum quantity of 30 sprinkler nozzles are required for eligibility.
- Rebates do not cover labor costs or sales taxes.
* To qualify for a rebate, residents must live within San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District's service area which includes the following cities: Alhambra, Monterey Park, and Sierra Madre. Please call (855)512-1221 for questions.